Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Healthy Eating


I’ve decided that it’s time to actually do what I’ve been hoping for these last few months.  Since those last few pounds haven’t magically disappeared, it’s time to work them off.  I know, work….ugh.  But it needs to be done.  I’ve been getting back into a workout routine, although I’m not quite up into high gear, but at least it’s something.  Now it’s time to be strict with what and how much I’m eating. 

My goal now is to get at least 3 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.  I’ve been loading up on fruit lately, so it’s not hard to get 3 servings of that, but the vegetables is where I am lacking.  I love vegetables, I really do.  Sometimes it seems difficult to get 3 servings of them though.  I don’t typically get any servings of vegetables during breakfast, unless I eat an omelet, but let’s not pretend I have the time to cook and cleanup in the morning before heading off to work.  This means that either for lunch or supper I need to have 2 servings.  That seems like it would be a lot of food and cause me to over eat.  This is where I need to control the portion size of the main item at each meal. 

I could also consider snacking on veggies an option, but they aren’t always quite as handy to take along with me to snack as an apple, yogurt, almonds, etc. are.  I know, stop complaining, Jennifer, and JUST DO IT!  Thanks for the inspiration, Nike.  I’ll do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment