Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fitness & Motivation

I know it’s hard to find the motivation to get up off of your butt and go to the gym or do some form of workout.  It’s even harder when you haven’t been regularly working out to actually do it.  We tend to find all the right reasons to go (feel better, look better, better health, etc.), but actually finding that push to go is a little tough. 

What works for me is reading articles about working out and looking at photos of people who are in physically good shape.  Knowing that other people look that good and have the motivation to go to the gym helps give me that boost of motivation to go to the gym as well.  I’ve recently been inspired to get my butt in gear and workout more by listening to an audio book.  I have a few audio books for long car rides, but I decided to listen to one of them this past weekend.  Before that I had wanted to get back to the gym on a regular basis, but I just didn’t have that push yet.  The characters in the audio books I have talk about going to the gym regularly no matter how busy their schedules get.  They always make time for it.  If they can make time in their fictional, busy lives, I can make time for it in my not-so-busy, real life.

I also like to find healthy recipes online to get me motivated to want to eat better as well.  Working out is one part of it, but you also have to eat healthy as well.  I may not make all of the recipes I find, but it still inspires me to cook with new foods or remember that there are many types of food to choose from that I can cook with and still create a healthy meal.  It also helps me remember PORTION CONTROL.  That’s a big one for me.  I find myself eating more than a portion size once in a while, and then more often, and next thing I know, I’m up five pounds. 



Well this is my attempt to extend to you some motivation to get up and get moving.  There is no excuse to not go.  Think how much better you’ll feel afterwards.  Remember to not do too much too soon, or you’ll get burnt out quickly.  Start slow and work your way into what feels right for you.  Now is the time.  Do it.

No need to look so cheesy when you're working on your fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment